Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Many From One

This was the assignment 'Many From One' where we had to take different cuts from one main high res picture and create a magazine article layout. I chose a great black and grey picture of a stage with instruments that i thought would work well. The only problem with this is that there are no colours to work with. So i took this as a challenge and chose red to accompany it in the background,. a gritty textured red that is dark enough so it is not distracting. The colours worked well together and complemented each other. I also downloaded drip and splatter brushes to add to that gritty, rock look. Overall, I think my final product turned out really well, and the elements I added like progression of size ( cut bottom left picture into 4 sections, large text progressivly got smaller). This is exactly the kind of work I want to get into in the future, and study at college, so I love having the opportunity to work with it this early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment